Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Fridge Alchemy: Creamy Chicken Adobo in Glass Noodles

I'm a huge fan of adobo and pasta, and ever since I've tasted the glorious adobo pasta in a hole-in-the-wall restaurant in Mandaluyong, I've always wanted to make my own. Last night, we had roasted chicken for dinner and came up with an idea to adobo-ize the leftovers the next day. I figured that it'd still be nice to use glass noodles (sotanghon) in the absence of long-stranded pasta, and fortunately it turned out quite well. I'm not sure though if it would be right to post the recipe (as cooking adobo is a matter of tweaking the flavor to your own liking), but I guess for keepsaking I will. Here's how I did my Creamy Roasted Chicken Adobo in Glass Noodles.

CREAMY ROASTED CHICKEN ADOBO IN GLASS NOODLES

2 C cooked glass noodles (sotanghon/bean thread)
1 C roasted chicken flakes
1 pc celery stalk, diced
4 tbsp olive oil
1/2 C all-purpose cream
1 small onion, chopped
5 cloves of a small garlic, crushed
2 tbsp salt soy sauce
1 tbsp vinegar
1 tsp peppercorn
salt to taste

In low heat, sauté garlic and onion in 1 tbsp olive oil until garlic is slightly browned. Add chicken flakes and celery and cook for 3 minutes. Add soy sauce and vinegar (increase the amount of soy sauce and vinegar according to your taste), stir well. Put cream. Add peppercorn and salt.

Blend in cooked glass noodles. Put the remaining olive oil and toss. Add salt and pepper to taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment